Some companies are “born” great, others change and become great along the way. This seminar will discuss how both new companies and established companies become great. This seminar benchmarks world class companies to understand the underlying principles that made them great. The seminar begins with key lessons about business start-ups from Paul Hawken, author of “Growing a Business”, and Guy Kawasaki, author of “Art of the Start” and “Enchantment”. Next, the seminar looks at research on existing businesses, beginning with the management classic “In Search of Excellence” and then focusing on Jim Collins’ research presented in “Built to Last”, “Good to Great”, “How the Mighty Fall” and “Great by Choice”. Learn how your organization can make the transition from being merely good to truly great.
Course ID: GTG
How Good Companies Become Great: Secrets to Success
- Understand how good companies become great companies
- The link between great companies and their core values
- Getting the right people on the bus and in the right seats
- The Hedgehog Concept- a model to identify your company’s focal point to create maximum value
- How great company leaders differ
- Why a great company is like a flywheel
- Why some great companies fall from greatness Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes group discussion of several cases.
DESIGNED FORCorporate financial managers
FIELD OF STUDY
- Business Mgmt & Organization