Are you up-to-date on the latest tax planning developments for 2018? This course, newly authored by Margaret F. Suralik, CPA/ABV, ASA, explores the hottest tax planning topics that will impact you and your clients. Discover how these topics may impact tax planning strategies and be in a position to help minimize your client’s tax bill.
Course ID: CL4HOT
Hot Tax Planning Developments Under the Current Tax Law
- Determine whether a client’s tax plans are intact.
- Apply recent tax law legislation to adjust tax planning strategies.
- Recognize new tax planning opportunities.
- Recall ways to minimize a client’s tax bill.
Current and Latest Tax Law Developments Affecting Individuals and Small Businesses including
- Update on Affordable Care Act tax developments
- Tax changes for individuals and businesses including extender legislation
- Dealing with the 8% net investment income tax (NIIT), including planning strategies
- Court decision tax developments
- Update on home ownership tax issues
- Update on passive activity loss (PAL) issues
- Hot tax planning strategies for individuals and small businesses
- Bankruptcy and insolvency, short sales and foreclosures
- Personal residence to rental property conversions
- PAL limitations
- Affordable Care Act
- Manage Section 1231 losses
- PAL and LLC members
- SE tax rules and active LLP partners
- Fringe benefit issues for partners and S Corp SHs Current and Latest Tax Law Developments for Corporate Entities, including
- Dividends, stock redemptions, and share sales
- Reasonable compensation
- Professional corporation conversions to LLC or LLP
- Non-compete agreement updates
DESIGNED FORAll practitioners
FIELD OF STUDY