The requirements of U.S. GAAP are often complex and overwhelming for professionals who prepare financial statements. The complexities and constant changes to existing standards require diligence and focus. History shows that certain areas continue to pose challenges for many preparers. This program is specifically geared toward professionals in the accounting industry. We cover some of the more challenging areas in U.S. GAAP, including business combinations, goodwill and impairments, joint ventures, derivatives and hedging, as well as upcoming changes to revenue recognition, which will be a challenge to all! The course includes numerous practical examples, and participants will have the opportunity to work out the mechanics of complex standards during the seminar.
Course ID: GAAPI
GAAP for Industry
- Participants will be able to:
- Explain the accounting for specific U.S. GAAP equirements
- Apply troublesome pronouncements
- Business combinations
- Common derivative arrangements and hedging
- Goodwill and impairment losses
- Debt modifications and troubled debt restructuring
- Joint ventures and collaborative arrangements
- Stock-based compensation
- New revenue recognition lease and financial instrument standards
DESIGNED FORAccountants preparing financial statements. This course provides answers to some of the more complicated accounting issues preparers of industry financial statements face every day.
FIELD OF STUDY