Whether you are relatively new to the accounting industry or have been around for a number of years, there is a good chance that you are developing your Excel spreadsheets the hard way and leaving them susceptible to errors and omissions of important data. This course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of good spreadsheet design that will increase the accuracy and efficiency when creating Excel spreadsheets. It will be well worth attending this course because of all the time it will save you in building your spreadsheets in the future, even if you have been a long time user of Excel. This IS NOT a hands-on course, but to get the most out of the presentation we recommend that you bring your laptop to follow along. The instructor example files will be available prior to class.
Course ID: EXCL015L
Fundamentals of Excel That Every CPA Should Know
- Upon completing this course, you will have the ability to:
- Create spreadsheets with maximum efficiency
- Create formulas with greater accuracy
- Make your spreadsheets more professional in appearance
Some of the key topics that will be included:
- Learn to leveraging the power of Defined Names and tables to organize and manage your source data
- Understanding the fundamentals of good Excel spreadsheet design
- Top five things you should know about building better formulas
- Learn to create calculations that are more accurate
- Learn to use the 5 most popular Excel Functions
- Best practices for printing your spreadsheets
- Tips & tricks for preparing your spreadsheets for distribution.
DESIGNED FORAnyone who wants to optimize their use of Excel to build better spreadsheets.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Specialized Knowledge & Application