Are you new to performing single audits? Or perhaps you need a refresher on the key concepts of performing a compliance audit of federal awards? This core training course will elevate your proficiency and efficiency to perform a single audit using the OMB Uniform Guidance. Gain the confidence you need to navigate the difficult requirements of this challenging audit area.
Course ID: BAUG
Fundamentals for Performing a Single Audit Under the Uniform Guidance
- Recall how the requirements of the Uniform Guidance relate to GAAS and the Yellow Book.
- Recognize a pass-through entity, recipient, subrecipient, and contractor.
- Recognize the auditor’s responsibilities related to the SEFA and major program determination.
- Identify how the compliance supplement relates to the single audit.
- Recall key points related to the auditor’s responsibility for testing compliance and internal control over compliance.
- Identify the key reporting requirements in a compliance audit.
- Identify some common audit deficiencies found in single audits.
- Identify types of federal awards.
- An overview of a single audit under the Uniform Guidance
- Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards
- Major program determination
- Identifying types of compliance requirements and using the compliance supplement
- Testing both compliance and internal control over compliance
- Reporting requirements in a compliance audit
- Common deficiencies found in single audits