Fraud Alert! is one seminar you cannot afford to miss. Fraud will touch you in some manner. Prepare for the inevitable. A recent study by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners estimated that fraud costs the global economy in excess of $3.5 trillion per year. This same study estimated that normal audits discover only about 11% of fraudulent acts, compared to 19% discovered by accident. This seminar examines various types of frauds and discusses ways to prevent, detect and investigate these activities.
Course ID: FA
Fraud Alert! Prevention and Follow-up
- To make participants familiar with fraud prevention concepts and techniques.
- The Fraud Triangle
- A complete analysis of fraud prevention, detection and investigation
- Fraud related interviewing techniques
- The CPA’s role as an expert witness
- Careers in forensic accounting
- The 13 financial reporting shenanigans
- Use of financial statement analysis in fraud assessment Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes seven interactive exercises that allow the participants to apply newly acquired knowledge in a real-time setting.