This course enables you to learn investigative techniques to uncover various fraudulent schemes and scams and to sharpen your forensic skills. The course prepares you to meet the increasing demand for accountants to develop effective forensic accounting procedures to detect and prevent misappropriation of assets, management fraud, and fraudulent financial reporting. As the focus on fraud discovery and deterrence rises, accountants must hone their skills to recognize fraudulent or deceptive practices and build their knowledge to redesign internal controls. Don’t wait to learn and practice these critical forensic competencies!
Course ID: CL4FAFR
Forensic Accounting: Uncovering Schemes and Scams
- Determine the differences between the role of the forensic accountant and the traditional accountant and how to utilize forensic techniques to ferret out fraudulent activity.
- Identify the foundational components of AU-C section 240.
- Recall analytical and investigative techniques used in forensic engagements.
- Determine ways to detect under/over-valued assets.
- Recall key points related to the deposition phase of the litigation process.
- Role of the forensic accountant
- Development of the engagement agreement
- Common fraud scams
- AU-C Section 240
- Analytical and investigative techniques
- Approaches to detect under/over valued assets
- Preparation for the deposition phase
- Alternative methods to settle a legal dispute