The field of Financial Planning is complex and includes many areas (tax and non-tax) that go beyond the traditional knowledge base of the CPA. This course provides the practitioner with an understanding of a variety of necessary issues and techniques in financial planning that all practitioners should know and understand that are beyond the basics.
Course ID: FPCT
Financial Planning Concepts and Techniques – Beyond the Basics
- To provide an understanding of issues and techniques in the area of financial planning that are beyond the basics but are necessary for the CPA to know and understand.
- Issues in adding investment services to a CPA practice
- Teaching clients to understand how to manage risk in a plan
- Understanding insurance needs and tax concepts (life, health and other insurance)
- Understanding long-term care insurance
- An overview of education funding issues
- An overview of asset protection concepts and techniques
- Common mistakes in financial planning and how to avoid them
- Required minimum distribution rules
DESIGNED FORCPAs, financial planners, attorneys, insurance agents, bankers
FIELD OF STUDY
- Specialized Knowledge & Application