Proper planning is key to any company’s success. With CPAs constantly being asked to plan a company’s future, forecasting is one area to demonstrate your unique value. This course provides the basic tools necessary to project the balance sheet and statements of income and cash flow. Determine the company’s maximum sustainable growth and predict its external fund requirements.
Course ID: FFMD
Financial Forecasting and Decision Making
- Recall the basics of planning and forecasting financial statements.
- Recall considerations related to a basic forecasting model.
- Identify the evidence of growth mismanagement and develop the skills to determine maximum sustainable growth.
- Apply statistical procedures to forecasting.
- Analyze projected or forecasted financial statements.
- Overview of the forecasting process
- The basic forecasting model
- Techniques used to forecast sales
- A case analysis on working capital planning
- Forecasting the company’s capital structure
- Projecting the income statement and balance sheet
- Determining maximum sustainable growth
- Using forecasting to aid growth planning
- Forecasting short-term cash requirements
DESIGNED FORFinancial Professionals responsible for preparing forecasts
FIELD OF STUDY