Charitable giving in financial and estate planning can be complex in nature. This course provides participants with an understanding of and familiarity with charitable giving concepts. In addition, the course looks at a number of advanced planning strategies in the area of charitable planning.
Course ID: CHAR
Financial and Estate Planning Techniques of Charitable Giving
- To provide practitioners with an understanding and familiarity of charitable giving concepts.
- Understanding charitable gift annuities
- Charitable giving using life insuarnce
- Charitable remainder trusts (CRATS and CRUTS)
- Charitable lead trusts
- Understanding of community foiundations
- Understanding of private foundations
- Conservation easements and facade easements
- Retirement plan gifts (making charitable gifts with IRAs or other retirement funds)
- Testamentary gifts
- Donor advised funds
- Pooled income funds
- Supporting organizations