Just hearing the words “FIN 48” should send shivers up your spine. It may be the most difficult item ever handed to our profession by the FASB. We will discuss this “monster” in detail.
Course ID: FIN48
Expired – FIN 48
- Participants will be able to apply the provisions of FIN 48 when preparing financial statements.
Discuss an overview of FIN 48 with a particular emphasis on small and medium-sized entities
- Discuss the provisions of FIN 48 including the definition of an uncertain position and when it becomes a concern to the accountant
- Discuss the disclosure and accrual provisions of FIN 48 for C corporations
- Understand that FIN 48 may also impact S corporations and partnerships
- Learn the financial statement disclosure requirements of FIN 48
- Learn how to “get around” the provisions of FIN 48
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently audit and review the FIN 48 issues according to the appropriate standards
DESIGNED FORAccountants in public and industry responsible for both tax return and financial statement preparation.
FIELD OF STUDY