This is the second of three levels in staff development that have been designed to provide continuing progress in the development for staff with more advanced and complex assignments with minimal supervision. The course will focus on the understanding and performance of the risk assessment process of the audit. Case studies will highlight best practices on the areas of analytical procedures, internal controls and walk-throughs. Since this experience level will be expected to assist more with the notes to the financial statements, a detailed discussion will provide a basic knowledge and examples of required disclosures for a U.S. GAAP or special purpose framework financial statement.
Course ID: SL2
Experienced Staff – A&A Staff Level 2
- To provide guidance and hands-on experience with case studies to staff in their technical development and enhanced performance required by the firm.
- Requirements of the risk assessment phase of an audit
- Identification of risk of error, including fraud
- Understanding of the linkage requirement with further audit procedures
- Application of analytical procedures for planning
- Documentation required for analytical procedures
- Adequacy and reliability of evidence
- Presentation and disclosure requirements
- Examples of disclosure of required accounting policies
- Common peer review deficiencies
DESIGNED FORExperienced level staff accountants that have participated in an audit engagement. As staff gain experience, the planning and reporting phase of an engagement become more complex and will require technical performance with minimum supervision. This course will provide insight into the expectation of this level of performance.
FIELD OF STUDY