The title “Chief Financial Officer” is not an accurate description for what many financial managers do because the word “chief” implies the company has more than one financial officer. This seminar covers four major topics of importance to the financial manager who must do it all. We have designed Only Financial Officer to give financial managers in small to medium-sized companies the high-level skills needed to act as a member of top management.
Course ID: OFO
Executive Education’s Only Financial Officer: Skills for Smaller Company Financial Managers
- To provide participants with discussions of four topics that are important to OFOs.
- To provide skills for resolving ethical conflics.
- To give participants insight into how to do more with few resources
Resolve Ethical Conflicts • Apply accepted standards • Discuss tough issues and still keep your job • Know what to do when talking fails Do More with Less • Eliminate errors • Renew your most important resource • Create an environment of continuous improvement Know Your Profit Drivers • How does you company provide value • Know your cost drivers • Differentiate “dogs” from “gravy” Protect Your Company from Fraud
- Implement cost effective controls
- Prevent fraud
- Understand why inventory shrinkage may actually be a symptom of cash skimming Cases and Group Discussion This seminar includes group discussion of five cases.
DESIGNED FORFor people who are the only degreed accountant in small to medium-sized companies
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics
- Business Mgmt & Organization