Chuck Gallagher shares how he was his firm’s David Duncan, the Andersen partner who shredded Enron work papers. He is every small firm’s worst nightmare.
Course ID: 1
Ex-CPA Ex-Tax Partner Chuck Gallagher Shares Inside Secrets of His Downfall
- Learn how Chuck Gallagher exposed the control weakness in every CPA firm and simple ways to maintain professional skepticism.
Gallagher will show you 9 elements that caused a good CPA to go bad:
- Why a good partner went bad.
- The red flags his partners missed.
- Did his firm comply with Statement on Quality Control Standards?
- Did his partners meet the requirement to maintain professional skepticism of fellow partners? What was the punishment for his firm? How his Ponzi scheme affected the firm's growth, reputation, revenue and client retention and acquisition What was the `cost' both monetary and non-monetary? Life as an ex-con ex-CPA What was the one question that would have stopped him cold (that you can use too)?
DESIGNED FORManaging Partners, CPAs, internal auditors, Accountancy Board members, controllers, CFOs, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
FIELD OF STUDY
- Ethics - Behavioral