Holly will explain here journey from honest person to violating the realtors ethical code of conduct. And went to prison.
Course ID: HPMORTFR
ETHICS: Real Estate Agent Holly Pasut Shares Inside Secrets of Her Mortgage Fraud
- After attending Holly’s presentation you will….
- Detect being manipulated by a bad actor
- Understand the real estate code as it relates to referral fees
- Understand what to do when a state real estate agency asks for information in what may be a criminal matter
- Understand federal criminal law as it relates to consulting agreements and an individual’s relationship with someone involved in criminal activity
Real estate sales rely connections and referrals. Paying for a referral is unethical and a violation of real estate code in almost all regions. Yet many agents believe they are getting around this code by tagging fees as “Consulting.” Former real estate agent Holly Pasut who used a consulting arrangement but ended up under federal indictment because of the actions of the person she was contracted with as a consultant.
- real estate
- referral fees
- federal criminal investigations
- real estate fraud
DESIGNED FORCPAs in public practice with real estate clients and the real estate industry, General Counsel, compliance officers, chief learning officers, risk managers, and regulators
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics