Use technology to comply with ethics requirements
Course ID: ETECH
ETHICS: How Technology Changes Compliance with Ben Wright, Esq.
- Ethical requirements are timeless, but the practical means to satisfy them is evolving as business communication shifts to computer devices and as records accumulate in databases rather than in file cabinets.
Attorney Ben Wright will show you how to use computers, mobile devices and digital records to execute ethical responsibilities and prove your compliance under your state’s ethics requirements..
- Modern technology helps create detailed records to prove you did what you were supposed to do.
- Watch out! Modern technology enables adversaries and law enforcement to uncover facts that would have remained hidden in the old days.
- The Internet motivates professionals and their clients to strive for more openness and self-regulation.
- Modern records and security risks motivate CPAs to write new warnings into their engagement letters.
- You may be wise to implement an identity theft “Red Flag” program, even if law does not directly require it of your CPA firm.
- Old emails can come to the rescue in an ethics or malpractice investigation.
DESIGNED FORCPA firm partners and staff, Controllers, CFOs, CEOs, business executives, security officers, risk managers
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics