Ickert is a CPA and CFE who serves as a consultant and expert witness. During forensic investigations and the subsequent testimony, he detected lying about credentials, fabricating evidence and violating the Code of Conduct.
Course ID: Heinz1
ETHICS: Heinz Ickert CPA CFE Exposes CPA’s Misconduct
- After attending Ickert’s presentation you will learn how really smart, supposedly principled and ethical people, do really stupid things. But more important, you will learn simple steps to protect yourself from letting your guard down.
Ickert will discuss some examples of ethical violations he discovered, including:
- A CPA who acted as an escrow agent and diverted $40 million.
- A CPA and church CFO convicted of diverting embezzlement and tax evasion
- An unregistered CPA auditing hospitality establishments who failed to comply with CPE requirements
- The CPA who wasn’t..
- CPAs, from sole practitioners to Big-4 partners, who thought they were independent
DESIGNED FORCEOs, CPAs, bankers, internal auditors, regulators, controllers, CFOs, attorneys
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics