A bIG 4 regional audit partner, Scott London had 500 people reporting to him, including 50 partners. At the pinnacle of a lifelong CPA career, it all came crashing down when he was arrested by the FBI. Recently released from prison London shares how an ethical CPA does unethical, illegal, acts.
Course ID: SLLI1
ETHICS: Ex-CPA Ex-Big 4 Partner Scott London Shares His Downfall (1 to 4 hr)
- Find out what’s more important than ethics. And the one question that would have stopped London cold.
An in-depth look into the mind of an ethical CPA who destroyed his career:
- Detailed analysis of the many AICPA ethics rules London violated.
- Detailed analysis of which new “Clarified Professional Ethics Standards” he would have violated had they been in effect, focusing on the new requirement to maintain confidentiality.
- How background, family culture and personal pressure combined to cause the train wreck.
- Why he slid down the slippery slope from regional partner.
- Make friend – go directly to jail.
- Did pressure at work contribute to his downfall?
- The cost to his firm.
- What it’s like to be an FBI target.
- How he got caught.
- How to decide to plead guilty or go to trial.
- The reaction of London’s firm.
- The devastation to his family.
- How London surrendered his CPA license.
- What it’s like to negotiate a plea with the US attorney.
DESIGNED FORCPAs in public practice, business and industry, managing partners, compliance officers, chief learning officers, risk managers, and regulators
FIELD OF STUDY
- Regulatory Ethics