Sustainability is more than recycling or avoiding styrofoam cups. 21st Century Sustainability is about: 1. Creating a long-term strategy for increased shareholder value 2. Respecting our natural resources 3. Building trust in your organization as a community member. 4. Becoming a great employer, vendor and customer. This seminar discusses the specific steps the accounting/finance department can take to lead the way in creating a sustainable 21st century organization.
Course ID: ES
Ethics and Sustainability: Profit from Doing Good
- Understand the four paths to true sustainability
- Understand why sustainability efforts will improve financial performance
- Understand why accounting/finance should play a vital role in sustainability efforts.
- What sustainability truly means to our organizations
- Why sustainable actions are ethical actions
- The four steps to true sustainability
- Why doing more with less is good for the bottom line and the world
- How to be more efficient and effective
- Why the accounting/finance department should play a pivotal role in creating sustainable organizations
- Corporate social responsibility’s role in sustainability
- The challenges and opportunities in measuring and reporting sustainability efforts
- Why sustainability efforts increase revenues and reduce expenses
DESIGNED FORFinance and accounting professionals who seek to learn more about creating, measuring and reporting on sustainable organizations.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Ethics - Behavioral