This is the sequel to Ethics: 50 Shades of Gray. We will discuss any updates from Wells Fargo, Theranos, and Scott London cases discussed in the previous class, along with continuing the discussion about ethical considerations in the accounting profession. We will explore new real-world cases that are in the news, such as, Caterpillar accused of tax and accounting fraud to an accountant named Stantisha Kemp who pleaded guilty to embezzlement, and other current fraud cases.
Course ID: 50GRAYER
Ethics: 50 Shades of Grayer
- Describe components of an ethical environment
- Discuss corporate governance and the roll the board of director’s play in establishing an ethical corporate environment.
- Discuss the Principles of the AICPA’s Principles of Professional Conductt
- Discussion of real-world cases like Wells Fargo, Theranos, Caterpillar and the most current case of ethics violations in the news
- Using humor to compare and contrast ethical decision making
DESIGNED FORCPAs and accountants in public practice, business and industry and higher education
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics