The field of estate planning is increasingly complex. Finding appropriate solutions to a client’s estate issues can involve many facets of corporate, estate, trust, and securities law. This course provides the practitioner with a look at some of the more advanced tools and techniques available to his/her existing estate planning practice.
Course ID: EPBB
Estate Planning-Beyond the Basics
- To provide an understanding of advanced tools and techniques applied in the estate planning process.
- All about generation-skipping transfers and their tax implications
- How to compute generation-skipping transfer tax
- When to use life insurance as an estate planning tool
- Advantages of a life insurance trust and planning techniques with its use
- Various types of life insurance and features of a policy
- Understand the technique of a private annuity
- Where the split-interest purchase of property is a valuable planning tool
- When to use a GRIT, GRAT, GRUT, or QPRT
- When to use a charitable split-interest trust and its requirements
- Requirements for, and tax implications of, a charitable deduction
- How gifts of closely held stock can be used to generate a charitable contribution deduction