The range of elder planning problems is vast. This course takes a fresh look at the problems the practitioner may encounter in estate and financial planning for the older clients and carrying out those plans.
Course ID: OLDX
Estate and Financial Planning for the Older Client
- To provode the practitioner with a complete understanding of the specific planning needs for the older client.
- Understanding Medicare
- Types of life insurance and the issues specific to the insured elder
- Overview of Medigap insurance
- Understanding Social Security issues
- Issues surrounding the structure of long-term care insurance
- Medicaid planning and its implications with trusts, insurance and annuities
- Planning tips using Roth or other IRAs
- Special estate planning issues for the older client
- Housing and care alternatives
- Gifting issues for the older client