Corporate financial managers know that using time efficiently has an enormous impact on the bottom line. Yet American businesses report losing $1 billion a year to unclear writing that wastes time, kills contracts, and turns off customers. Optimize your time spent in communications as a writer or as a reader. Prevent your reader from sending your documents to the circular file because they are too much work to decipher or the purpose is unclear. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem – save time and get results by learning to write it right the first time.
Course ID: EBW
Effective Business Writing: Cut Your Writing Time in Half and Double Your Impact
- During this course you will:
- Assess your individual writing skills
- Learn the writing process that gets results
- Increase your writing efficiency
- Improve your editing skills using the “Effective Business Writing” process.
- Use the “Effective Business Writing” process to produce your own work-related document. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and correct common writing problems.
- Plan and write efficient documents
- Edit your own and others’ documents effectively.
- Cut writing time by an average of 50%
- Double your document’s impact
- Identify effective writing’s key elements
- Learn the simple, direct, Effective Business Writing process
- Learn to edit your own and others’ documents effectively. This seminar combines lecture, discussion, individual hands-on practice exercises and group activities to assist participants in applying the five elements of effective business writing to an industry-specific case study. Participants will also get personalized feedback from the instructor on one of their own sample documents.