Because all funds that flow out must pass through Accounts Payable (AP) is the function most vulnerable to fraud. Dishonest insiders and vendors create newer and craftier methods of stealing by exploiting the trust placed in them and the control weaknesses in AP.
Course ID: PGAP1
Detecting and Preventing Accounts Payable Fraud
- At the conclusion of the webinar you will be able to:
- Conduct a quick and cost-effective Fraud Risk Assessment of AP.
- Implement effective AP fraud detection techniques and build audit practices to detect red flags of AP fraud.
- Implement best-practice Anti-Fraud Control strategies for AP.
- Advise management on fraud risk mitigation.
Goldman will show you:
- Who commits fraud and why they do it
- Inside secrets from actual fraudsters
- Vendor/billing schemes
- Check fraud and tampering
- ACH fraud
- Fraudulent AP financial reporting
- Conflicts of interest