Regardless of your computer experience, this class will help you become more aware of technology-related risks and what you can do to protect yourself and your organization from them. This course will help you to understand security compliance considerations, social engineering, malware, and various other data security-related concepts. In this course, you will explore the hazards and pitfalls and learn how to use technology safely and securely. In this course, you will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional end-user technology, as well as ways to use it safely, to protect yourself from those risks.
Course ID: TECH042L
Cybersecurity – Securing Your Data & Devices in an Online World
- After completing this class, you will have the ability to …
- Identify the need for security.
- Secure devices like desktops, laptops, smartphones, and more.
- Secure your use of the Internet.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include: 1.Identifying the Need for Security
- Identify Security Compliance Requirements
- Recognize Social Engineering Securing Devices
- Maintain Physical Security of Devices
- Use Passwords for Security
- Protect Your Data
- Identify and Mitigate Malware
- Use Wireless Devices Securely Using the Internet Securely
- Browse the Web Safely
- Use Email Securely
- Use Social Networking Securely
- Use Cloud Services Securely