Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from the onslaught of higher taxes. Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will preserve your clients’ wealth and make you look like a hero!
Course ID: CYCT
Cut Your Client’s Tax Bill: Individual Tax Planning Tips and Strategies
- Recall how to increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past.
- Apply tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
- Recognize ways to protect your client from tax pitfalls.
- Recall anticipated possible tax legislation and determine how to position your clients for financial success.
- Impact of Supreme Court’s rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
- New 0.9% and 8% Medicare taxes
- Mutual fund tax strategies
- All about Roth IRAs – including strategies for self-employed individuals and estate planners
- The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
- Personal residence transactions – including short sales and foreclosures
- Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
- Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
- Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients – including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and much more
- Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Divorcing clients – tax angles are critically important
- State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
- Employer stock options: tax planning moves
DESIGNED FORCPAs looking for innovative taxplanning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes
FIELD OF STUDY