For any tax advisor. This fast-paced one-day course covers, in plain English, the latest developments in federal taxation, updated biweekly, with emphasis on real world applications. Current Federal Tax Developments is always applauded for its relevance and coverage of practical issues. Emphasis on current issues, planning, and strategy keeps participants interested all day. Learn how to avoid penalties, how to use IRS “Frequently Asked Questions” to answer tough questions relating to new laws, how to plan for the new “Medicare Tax” and other tax provisions in the Affordable Care Act, how to change over 150 accounting methods automatically with no user fee, and a lot more.
Course ID: CFTD
Current Federal Tax Developments
- Understand and work with tax law changes
- Analyze Court decisions, IRS Notices, Revenue Rulings, and Revenue Procedures for application to your clients’ tax planning and compliance
- Be aware of IRS audit issues
- Assess pending legislation
- Anticipate and create opportunities for tax reduction
- Avoid penalties IRC Sec. 6662 imposes on careless tax payers
- New Tax Law – monitoring changes and phase-ins
- New Treasury Regulations, Revenue Procedures, Revenue Rulings, Notices, etc.
- Letter Rulings and Technical Advice Memoranda of interest to your clients
- Court decisions that affect “average” taxpayers
- IRS Initiatives, Audit Technique Guides, Office of Professional Responsibility and other targeted programs
DESIGNED FORTax advisors in public practice and corporate tax departments who want an up-to-the minute review of federal tax developments delivered in plain English.
FIELD OF STUDY