In addition to traditional issues faced by a business owner regarding the operating of his or her business, business ownership creates complexities in the tax, estate and financial planning areas. By focusing on the development of many unique business planning tools, this course explores the entrace and exit strategies available to owners of family businesses.
Course ID: CSBS
Creative Strategies for Buying, Selling or Gifting a Family Business
- To allow participants to gain a confidence level in giving advice in the strategice area of buying selling and gifting business interests.
- Valuation issues involving transfers between family mambers versus non family members
- Stock purchase versus asset purchase issues
- Estate transfer and tax issues
- Gifting of business interests
- Transfer of business interests to split-interest trusts and grantor retained trusts
- S corporation stock transfer to trusts
- Family limited partnership
- Self-canceling installment notes
- Transferring a business interest with an ESOP