“Go to war for talent” is one of the top suggestions in the Harvard Business Review’s latest edition of the New Rules of Competition. The war for talent is heating up and this time it is different. The massive “shift change” in business is causing fierce competition for the best talent. This session will cover the latest reasons behind the talent war and new weapons available to position your organization as a talent magnet. This interactive workshop will cover the latest trends and issues facing CPA firms, trends in talent development and learning, and how to create a culture that will position firm’s to win the war for talent and thrive in these rapidly changing times.
Course ID: WWTALENT
Creating the Future Ready Firm – How to Win the War on Talent
- Recognize the trends and issues facing the CPA Profession and accounting firms.
- Identify examples of tools and techniques that can be used to increase talent attraction, retention and development.
- Define the six elements of a strategic learning plan and how to align it with existing firm strategy.
- Use the magnetic firm framework to diagnose strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Apply the learning to develop an action plan to address the talent shortage in your organization.
Starting with the “Future Ready Firm” and what we are seeing in the market as to how firms are changing and why. Then we explore the talent wars and how to create a firm that is a “talent magnet” and finish with using learning as a competitive advantage and how HR/learning leaders can lead the development of a strategic and systematic approach to learning. I plan to make this highly engaging and interactive and finish with action plans for them to take back.