This course will give you an advantage with our unique perspective on the latest tax changes. Look at the most recent tax laws and other developments affecting C Corporations, S Corporations, and other business entities, including limited liability companies. Learn how to advise clients and employees on the latest tax-planning ideas. Share marketing ideas from top practitioners – based on the latest tax strategies. In addition, practical, real-life exercises will help you apply what you’ve learned from this comprehensive course.
Course ID: CWRK
Corporate Tax Workshop: Get Ready for Busy Season
- Identify the benefits of forming a corporation.
- Apply the rules for transfer of assets and liabilities to a new corporation.
- Recall the accounting methods available to a corporation.
- Recognize reasonable compensation issues with respect to a C Corporation and S Corporation shareholder-employees.
- Analyze the best retirement plan recommend for a corporation.
- Recognize economic performance, including issues and deduction, limitations related to bad debts, rent, tax, and interest expense.
- Determine the availability of tax credits and other entitlements related to retirement plans for a corporation.
- Accurately apply financial turmoil and bankruptcy rules.
- S Corporation qualifications and election
- C Corporation IRC Section 1244 Stock
- Cash and accrual accounting methods
- Revenue recognition methods
- Expensing versus capitalization rules
- Dividends, interest, and other income
- Employee benefit and retirement plans
- Net operating losses
- Passive activities and at-risk limitations
- PPACA: Net Investment Income Tax: Medicare Tax
- Tax return disclosures
- Sale of properties
- Other taxes: AMT, accumulated earnings tax, personal holding
- Tax payments and penalties
DESIGNED FORTax professionals in public accounting: seniors, supervisors, and managers; Tax professionals within corporate finance or tax departments
FIELD OF STUDY