Understanding how to use common corporate finance tools is a skill that separates those who will become Chief Financial Officers from those who will always remain accountants. This seminar provides a refresher on corporate finance skills for those who work or aspire to work at a CFO level.
Course ID: CFC
Corporate Finance Check-up: Renovate Your Analytical Toolbox
- To introduce a quick, but comprehensive approach to four types of financial analysis.
- To develop a more effective and focused approach to business unit evaluation.
Internal & External Financial Statement Analysis
- The 3 P’s of analysis
- Using the trifecta
- The 3 targets of analysis The CFO and Integrated Planning
- The 3 elements of planning
- The finance role in strategic planning
- Why it’s a financial plan not a budget Operating Metrics for Success
- Strategically driven metrics
- Turning measurement into reality
- Tracking performance results Banker Selection and Retention
- It’s the banker, not the bank
- 10 tips for banker selection
- Sustaining an effective banking relationship Forecasting as a Valuation Tool
- 5 steps in an effective valuation
- Using the capital asset pricing model
- Cash flow and earnings valuation models 10 Steps for Keeping Your Toolbox Full Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes six cases and exercises for group discussion.