Are you looking for a review and update of common GAAP issues important to all CPAs? This broad-ranging course covers FASB accounting and reporting developments that apply to all companies. Emphasizing financial statement disclosures in addition to accounting methods, this course presents implementation guidelines and disclosure illustrations from actual financial statements. This review reporting standards for the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows will help you to gain an understanding of the FASB standards that have the greatest impact on accounting and financial reporting.
Course ID: FRU
Common U.S. GAAP Issues Facing CPAs
- Identify and apply select FASB accounting and reporting guidance.
- Recall concepts related to current FASB exposure drafts and projects.
- Recall key points related to disclosures.
- The financial reporting environment
- Summary of recent FASB releases
- Accounting and reporting topics common to most companies, such as the following: ? Inventory ? Property, plant and equipment, including capitalized interest and nonmonetary transactions ? Financial statement presentation and notes disclosures ? Contingencies and other uncertainties ? Accounting for debt ? Accounting for income taxes ? Intangible assets, goodwill, and asset impairment and disposal issues ? Statement of cash flows
DESIGNED FORAccountants in practice and industry who need an intermediate level review and update on recent financial pronouncements
FIELD OF STUDY