This course allows the practitioner to understand planning considerations and potential problems in developing a business structure. By comparing and contrasting the tax, non-tax, and business aspects of different business entities, including corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, and limited liability companies, participants will be better able to assist their clients in choosing the best entity for their needs.
Course ID: COBE
Choice of Business Entity
- To allow the participant to understand the issues involved when assisting clients in choosing the best form of business entity to meet their needs.
- Understanding the non-tax difference in entity structures
- Compare and contrast the tax aspects of various entity structures
- Discussion of partnership issues
- Discussion of sole proprietorship issues
- Discussion of S corporation issues
- Discussion of C corporation issues
- Discussion of limited liability company issues
- Organization of an entity
- Choice of entity in structuring real estate investments
- Professional business issues