Your strategic plan is for 5 years. Your forecast is for 1 year. But there’s no link between the two. Shouldn’t the next year of your operations really be tied to and support your 5 year plan? Learn how you can use “backcasting” to bridge the gap. Backcasting, a technique successfully used by Nike, was originally developed to address sustainability but can be used by any organization that wants to link its long-term strategy with its short-term forecast.
Course ID: BACKCAST
Better Forecasting Using Backcasting
- Learn about and practice the process to first look to the future and the desired end-state, then assess the current situation, perform gap analysis, and finally develop short, mid, and long-range goals to take your organization from where you are to where you want to be.
- Perform visioning
- Conduct baseline mapping
- Identify desired short, mid, and long-range goals
- Develop creative solutions
- Prepare implementation and measurement plan
DESIGNED FORAnyone who would like to merge their short-term forecasting with their strategic planning
FIELD OF STUDY
- Business Mgmt & Organization