Whether you are a financial statement preparer or auditor, or you practice in state and local government, this course provides you with advice for handling audit and accounting issues common to state and local governments. You’ll get critical “how-to” guidance on planning, performing and reporting on your audit engagements.
Course ID: AUSL
Audits of State and Local Governments: What You Need to Know
- Identify the latest principles of auditing and accounting for state and local governments.
- Identify new GASB standards.
- Identify guidance for auditing investments in accordance with the new fair value standard
- Identify guidance for auditing governmental benefits in accordance with the pension and OPEB standards
- Determine significant points related to auditing considerations including risk assessment, materiality, group audits, concluding the audit and auditing reporting with illustrative auditor’s report.
- Identify guidance for Special-Purpose Governments like hospitals, school districts, transportation systems, colleges and universities and more.
- Distinguish key points related to financial statements prepared in accordance with a Special Purpose framework with illustrative auditor’s reports.
- Apply the latest requirements for actuarial valuations, accounting and financial reporting to your state and local government audits.
- Auditing considerations
- Actuarial valuations, accounting and reporting
- Special-Purpose governments
- Financial statements prepared in accordance with a Special Purpose framework including an illustrative auditor’s report
- Update of GASB Standards
- Update of Government Auditing Standards
- Recent developments