Master the fundamentals of auditing employee benefit plans in accordance with AICPA standards and ERISA rules and regulations and avoid the problems that are often encountered. Explore the accounting and auditing requirements unique to employee benefit plans. This course is designed to give you an understanding of requirements and audit procedures related to defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans to help you more effectively plan and carry out your audit.
Course ID: EBPE
Auditing Employee Benefit Plans
- Determine how to audit employee benefit plans in accordance with AICPA standards and ERISA rules and regulations.
- Identify specialized audit tests.
- Compare the scope of an audit.
- Compare the structure of the more popular employee benefit plans.
- Identify accounting requirements unique to employee benefit plans.
- Common plan types
- GAAP vs. ERISA reporting requirements
- Recent developments
- Filing and audit requirements
- Planning the audit and assessment of risks
- Prohibited transactions
- Overview of tax compliance
- Internal control and understanding unique to employee benefit plans
- Understanding and auditing 401(k), defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare plans, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
DESIGNED FORAuditors providing employee benefit audit and accounting services, benefit plan administrators and employees of companies with responsibility for accounting and reporting for plan benefits
FIELD OF STUDY