Take the next step in your career development and learn how to go beyond the basics in preparing workpapers and financial statements in audits of employee benefit plans. This course will provide the auditor with the tools necessary to understand the complex rules and regulations that affect employee benefit plans as well as guidance on addressing deficiencies. Through group discussions and contemporary case studies, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of the procedures needed to effectively plan and carry out your audits.
Course ID: AEMP
Auditing Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- Identify different types of defined contribution plans that are available to plan sponsors.
- Analyze complex audit and accounting issues associated with defined contribution plans.
- Identify the different types of investment options that may be available to participants, including the audit procedures for complex investments.
- Analyze various fraud examples and develop the appropriate audit responses.
- Apply rules and regulations associated with auditing and reporting for defined contribution retirement plans.
- Identification of various types of plans
- Planning, communication, and other activities for audits of defined contribution plans
- Investments and investment related income
- Auditing participant data, contributions, distributions, and notes receivable from participants
- Fraud in employee benefit plans
- Government regulations and reporting requirements
- Comparing the audited financial statements to Form 5500
- Legal counsel representations
- Case studies and discussion questions
DESIGNED FORPractitioners with experience auditing defined contribution and defined benefit plans
FIELD OF STUDY