In this, the second of five comprehensive Audit Staff Essentials courses, first year staff will be provided with the foundational knowledge they will need to be successful, not only on their first few engagements, but throughout their careers. Designed as the companion course to our New Staff: Core Concepts, this course focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to perform the duties commonly assigned to first year audit staff members. Along with insight related to the audit process, this course includes considerations associated with the following – ?? internal controls, ?? substantive testing ?? financial statement captions, ?? fraud considerations ?? analytical procedures ?? and much more!
Course ID: ASE2
Audit Staff Essentials – New Staff: Practical Application
- Recall the basics of the internal control, including using the work of others.
- Identify the key concerns regarding fraud considerations in a GAAS audit.
- Recall the purpose and procedures regarding analytical procedures and their use in an audit.
- Identify the audit procedures typically performed by New Staff in the following areas and match them to stated audit objectives and relevant assertions: ??Cash and cash equivalents ?? Accounts Receivable ?? Inventory ?? Prepaid and Other Current Assets ?? Property, Plant and Equipment ??Accounts Payable ??Debt
- Internal controls
- Fraud considerations
- Analytical procedures
- Basic auditing procedures for areas commonly assigned to new staff members
DESIGNED FORFirst year auditors
FIELD OF STUDY
- Computer Science