In this, the first of five comprehensive Audit Staff Essentials courses, first year staff will be provided with the foundational knowledge they will need to be successful, not only on their first few engagements, but throughout their careers. The information presented in this course will plant the roots of a successful auditor and member of the firm. From introducing the audit from the perspective of the firm, rather than the classroom, to understanding the dynamics of in-firm and client relationships, this course stresses the core knowledge that an auditor will need for life. Along with preparing an auditor to have early success with the firm, this course introduces concepts that auditors will need to successfully for successful career progression. With this knowledge, and the information found in our New Staff: Practical Application offering for new staff, first year audit staff will possess the skills they will need to perform functions common to their level.
Course ID: ASE1
Audit Staff Essentials – Level 1 – New Staff
- Understand the purpose of an audit.
- Understand the phases of an audit and the different types of procedures performed during each phase.
- Understand the functions of common working papers, including the trial balance, lead sheets, and financial statements.
- Identify key concepts and techniques of interpersonal behavior and communication.
- Recall the basics of the audit risk model, including assertions.
- Identify the purpose and importance of audit documentation and the fundamental principles and their application.
- Audit basics
- New auditor’s role in an engagement
- Key communication skills
- Working papers and documentation
- Audit risk model
DESIGNED FORFirst year auditors
FIELD OF STUDY