Be prepared before the tax season starts! Find out about the latest federal tax law changes, court decisions, and IRS pronouncements related to partnerships, LLCs, and C and S Corporations. Our discussion leaders will identify ways to integrate the latest tax law changes into planning and compliance engagements and help you provide more value-added services to your clients. With the ever-changing tax laws and their increased complexity, you can’t afford to miss this course!
Course ID: ATCP
Annual Tax Update: Corporations and Pass-Through Entities
- Identify new tax changes affecting the upcoming tax season.
- Apply the latest planning ideas resulting from recent changes to tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings.
- Latest changes to federal tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings for pass-through entities and C Corporations
- Passive loss, at-risk and basis developments for flow-through entities
- The latest on reasonable compensation issues for corporate shareholder/employees and the latest about self-employment issues for partners and LLC members
- New developments in the capitalization versus expense debate
- Property transactions: depreciation and amortization, gains and losses
- Planning for the use of nontaxable transactions to defer tax liability
- Accounting methods and periods
- Compensation issues: fringe benefits, pensions, and profit-sharing plans
- Practical, time-saving return preparation tips from leading tax practitioners
- Late-breaking tax legislation