Enterprise and corporate performance management (EPM/CPM) is the seamless integration of many managerial methods including strategy execution; KPI scorecards; product, channel, and customer profitability analysis; driver-based budgeting with rolling financial forecasts; and operational lean management. This course describes them and how analytics are imbedded in them to improve organizational performance.
Course ID: EPM
Analytics-based Enterprise Performance Management
- Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain why enterprise and corporate performance management (EPM/CPM) is a seamless integration of managerial methods rather than a process
- Identify and differentiate strategic KPIs in a balanced scorecard and operational performance indicators in dashboards
- Perform “predictive accounting” for driver-based budgets / rolling financial forecasts, what-if analysis, and outsourcing decision
- Define how to imbed statistics and analytics into product, channel, and customer profitability analysis
- Identify how to overcome implementation barriers such as behavioral resistance to change and fear of being held accountable.
- Strategy maps (for strategy execution)
- Balanced scorecard KPIs and dashboards
* Product, service, channel, and customer profitability
- Advanced managerial accounting, including activity-based costing (ABC)
- Driver-based budgeting with rolling financial forecasts * Supply chain management
- Operational lean and six sigma quality management *Enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Analytics and Big Data, including predictive analytics, for decision making * Behavioral change management