The tax practitioner needs to understand the intricacies of the ever-popular S Corporation form of doing business. One must consider the tax affect various types of S Corporation distributions will have on its Shareholders. Successful winning strategies related to complex S Corporation transactions are examined. Protect your shareholder/clients with careful compensation planning and advanced planning for liquidations and redemptions of shareholder stock. Explore the advantages of using Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiaries to help you minimize your client’s tax bill.
Course ID: ADVSC
Advanced Tax Strategies for S Corporations
- Apply the rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S Corporations.
- Recall the uses of trusts as S Corporation shareholders.
- Recognize and apply the complex rules of basis and distributions.
- Recall key points related to the use of redemptions in S Corporations.
- S Corporation current developments: tax planning impact
- Compensation planning
- Basis in S Corporation stock
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries
- Liquidations, reorganizations, and redemptions
- Estate planning and use of trusts
DESIGNED FORManagers and partners in public accounting who assist clients with tax planning for S Corporations
FIELD OF STUDY