If you ever wanted to know the mechanics of buying, selling or merging companies, this course offers key insights into the transaction marketplace. This material is aimed at a broad audience of business owners, senior managers, chief financial officers, advisors to closely held businesses, bankers, auditors and attorneys. Business transactions are marquee events in the history of most closely held businesses, and therefore, demand inordinate attention to detail and process. Many skill sets are involved in this process and topics such as negotiations, business valuations, strategic thinking, finance, family businesses, accounting, taxes and group dynamics are covered. Follow real-life case analysis to gain strategic insights into the fascinating transaction marketplace.
Course ID: PSAS
Advanced Mergers, Acquisitions, and Sales of Closely Held Businesses
- Identify effective transaction strategies and structures.
- Apply an effective process to establish transaction “price.”
- Review the common elements in negotiated transactions.
- Recognize how to get better results through comparing asset and stock transactions.
- Due diligence procedures and inquiries
- Negotiation strategies
- Reviewing terms of the deal
- Deal structure
- Tax issues for stock based transactions
- Tax issues for asset sale/purchase transactions
- Transaction costs and tax treatment
- Tax effects of acquisitive reorganizations
- Tax effects of restructuring reorganizations
- Transactions between family members
- Uses of an ESOP and related tax impact