The main goal of this course is for experienced participants to learn and grow their skills through a series of hands-on case studies and advanced learning exercises. Participants will take part in a mock audit, which will cover all phases of a defined benefit pension plan audit engagement, from planning to reporting.
Course ID: ADBP
Advanced Auditing for Defined Benefit Pension Plans
- Assess the key concepts and skills for a solid audit foundation specifically related to defined benefit pension plans and recall those concepts in audit engagements.
- Evaluate defined benefit pension plan specific core audit concepts and apply those concepts to audit engagements.
- Interpret advanced defined benefit pension plan specific audit concepts through a mock, plan-specific audit.
- Introduction and background
- Planning and general procedures
- Internal control
- Net assets available for benefits
- Changes in net assets available for benefit
- Plan tax status
- Plan mergers, transfers, spin-offs
- Going concern
- Changes in service provider
- Financial statement presentation and disclosures
- Audit reports
DESIGNED FORAuditors responsible for auditing defined benefit pension plans
FIELD OF STUDY