Mergers, acquisitions and alliances have been – and will continue to be – major avenues to organizational growth and increased competitive advantage. Yet, in spite of the great initial promise of many business mergers and alliances, few seem to yield the anticipated results. Numerous studies indicate that between 55% and 77% fail in their intended purpose. This course helps CFOs, controllers and their advisors identify, negotiate and consummate mergers and acquisitions that create shareholder value and avoid the many traps, which can cause post-acquisition failure.
Course ID: AGB
Acquisitions to Grow the Business: Strategy, Structure, Integration & Due Diligence
- The objective of this seminar is to familiarize participants with the key issues of mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify potential acquisition candidates
- Make strategic acquisitions
- Identify and understand company culture
- Value businesses
- Negotiate the right price
- Understand the keys to effective and efficient due diligence
- Prepare and review agreements
- Plan and execute an effective integration
- Key considerations when selling a business Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar provides extensive case study analysis and many opportunities for group discussion.
- Seminar includes a capstone case study beginning with acquisition identification through due diligence, valuation and concluding with a successful negotiation.