Do you need to enhance your not-for-profit accounting skills? Through a case- study-intense, highly interactive, classroom environment, this CPE course provides you with the tools necessary to go beyond the theory and create value-added services for your clients. This course allows you to examine, evaluate and perform case studies which will enhance your working knowledge of fundamental not-for- profit accounting and reporting, presentation requirements, note disclosures unique to not-for-profits and options allowed under generally accepted accounting principles. FASB’s financial statement standard updates and revenue recognition standards are included in this course.
Course ID: FSNPO
Accounting and Reporting for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Identify major components of accounting and reporting in not-for-profit organizations.
- Recognize appropriate accounting for recording and recognizing contributions.
- Identify concepts related to valuation of contributed services and promises received near year-end.
- Financial statement presentation, including FASB’s financial reporting standard
- Statement of activities
- Statement of financial position and statement of cash flow
- Note disclosures
- Contribution concepts
- Functional expense and allocation of costs
- Operating versus non-operating
- Split interest agreements and beneficial trusts
- Agency transactions
- Programmatic investments
- Common financial statement mistakes
DESIGNED FORAuditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
FIELD OF STUDY