Learn how to systematically create a IT budget tied to your strategy, and shift it from a cost management tool to an investment management tool.
Course ID: ITBUDGET
A Systematic Approach to IT Budgeting
- How to develop a detailed IT Budget based on types, categories, and classes of IT spend
- How a detailed IT budget can supports better cash flow and financial management
- How to segregate mandatory from discretionary IT spend for organizational agility
- Understand IT hardware lifecycle risk and refresh cycle impacts
- Understand common software licensing models and cost model impacts
- Look at managed service providers and cloud computing and their impact to the budget
- Switching the IT paradigm from cost to investment and tying to organizational strategy
IT costs are often a mix of equipment refresh cycles, convoluted software licenses, and often confusing IT service provider proposals. Add into the mix, cloud computing and managed service providers and how do you even start to develop an IT budget? This session will provide an overview of an Excel-based IT budgeting approach that enables organizations to take a more proactive approach to managing their IT investment. It will also cover some basic IT knowledge that non-technical managers need to know to validate the budgets that their IT Managers may be submitting to them. Lastly, learn some techniques to shift management’s perspective of IT from a cost to an investment. Learn a systematic and insightful approach to IT budgeting by attending this session.