Join your colleagues for this highly educational and interactive ethics seminar. This practical seminar has been updated with the latest ethics guidance and rules and fulfills Maryland’s mandated ethics requirement. Utilizing a combination of hypotheticals, informative exercises and examples, you will have the opportunity to review the elements and implications of recent changes to CPA ethical standards, and join others in enhancing the vital leadership role CPAs play in the business community today. The CPE credits satisfied by this seminar are required by the Maryland Board of Accountancy every two years. CPAs residing and working in the state of Maryland also licensed in Virginia please note: It is a policy of the Virginia Board of Accountancy to accept the CPE requirements met by a CPA in their home state (where they live and work) as long as it is comparable to the requirement for 120 hours over 3 years.
Course ID: CELT
A Matter of Integrity
- To familiarize CPAs with the essential elements of evolving CPA ethics standards and the heightened expectations of our clients, the public and our fellow CPAs
- Part Ethics.
- What is it
- “A Day in the Life of Jane Ledger” – A hypothetical outlining many of the critical ethical issues facing CPAs today, including:
- due professional care, objectivity, outsourcing, fraud, independence, and acts discreditable
- Includes an update on current ethics developments and opinions
- Part Trust.
- What is trust
- How do CPAs enhance it
- How can it be repaired when lost
- How can CPAs build trust in our work and in our profession
- Part Leadership.
- The nexus between high ethical standards and perceptions by clients and the public
- How ethics and genuine leadership go hand-in-hand
- What should firms and businesses do differently in this new age of accountability
- Part Integrity.
- The new AICPA disciplinary process and standards
- Recent disciplinary cases
- A Matter of Integrity: Where do you go from here
DESIGNED FORAll licensed CPAs in practice, industry, education and government
FIELD OF STUDY
- Ethics - Regulatory