Are you a “new hire”* Or, as an employer, have you hired new staff* This course is essential for the “New Tax Staff” practitioner who wants to be able to survive their first few tax seasons. This course will provide a comprehensive review of Form 1040 complexities in a manner in which newly hired employees will be able to comprehend. Updates for tax legislation passed in late 2011 and any additional changes that might occur in 2012 along with many important topics that impact clients in these difficult times will be discussed during the lecture. Note: This course can be provided as either a one-day or two-day program.
Course ID: TNTS
1040 Training for New Tax Staff
- To provide participants with instruction so that newly hired tax practitioners will have the necessary knowledge to complete IRS Form 1040 for the 2012 tax season.
- Review of essential IRC Sections
- Review of new legislation
- New credits, deductions and tax relief for 2013
- Review of all tax credits
- Alternative Minimum Tax legislation and other extenders
- IRS collection issues and lien relief
- Reporting fraud losses and repayment of fraudulent gains
- Online sellers and bartering
- Alternatives for required minimum distributions in 2012
- Income and exclusions from cancellation of debt
- Reporting foreclosures or repossessions of residences and other real estate
- Health reform and medical issues