Effective internal controls provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting – if a material weakness exists the auditor may not be able to rely on the financial information provided.
Course ID: WNKIC
What you Need to Know About Cannabis Companies and Testing Internal Controls
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Indicate an understanding of why establishing and maintenance of internal controls is of particular importance to Cannabis Companies
- Recognize how cash and inventory controls over cannabis will protect the business
- Recall how fraud risk can be mitigated by the implementation of controls
- Unique Internal Controls in Cannabis Companies
- Key steps in evaluating internal controls
- Missteps in evaluating internal controls
- Best practices in applying internal controls in Cannabis Companies
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who perform audit engagements or advisory services for Cannabis Companies would benefit from this course.
Fields of StudyAuditing